SKINPEN Precision System
- Skin-Pen precision system is a minimally invasive, micro needling device intended for use on facial acne scars and collagen induction therapy.
- The procedure creates many microscopic punctures in the skin;s outer layers.
- As these punctures heal, the remodeling process works to improve the appearance of facial acne scars.
Microneedling who is candidate?
- Who is candidate?
- Intended to utilize collagen induction therapy to treat Melasma, acne and surgical scars.
- Contraindications: Have active skin cancer in the area of treatment, Have open wounds, sores, or irritated skin in the treatment area, Have an allergy to stainless steal or anesthetics. Have an hemorrhagic(bleeding disorder) or hemostatic (bleeding) dysfunction. Are pregnant or nursing. Are currently taken drugs with the ingredient ISOTRETINOIN sucha s ACUTTANE.
- Treatment and photo consent required.
- Health history and allergies information required.
- Clients desired outcomes discussed.
- Clinical recommendations 1 treatment monthly for three months.
- Consultation required for further questions.
- Pre and post treatment skin care products use, information as follow:
- Lift info: Lift HG (Hydrogel wound dressing) (without drugs and/or biologics.) To protect skin against abrasion and frictioon during the microneedling proedure.
- Medical Health history and allergies information required for treatment.
- Treatment and pre-post photo consent required.
- Treatment goal discussed. Clinical study suggest 3 treatment spaced 4 weeks apart.
- Numb cream apply.
- Talk to your doctor if you have Actinic (solar) keratosis, active acne, collagen vascular diseases, or cardiac abnormalities, diabetes, eczema, psoriasis, inmmuppressive therapy, history of contact dermatitis, raised moles, rosacea, active bacterial or fungal infection, active viral herpes simplex infections like cold sores, warts, keloids scars, all these condition in the treatment area. (SKINPEN).
- Patients on anticoagulants “blood thinners” Scloderma, scars and stretch marks less than a year old; and wound healing deficiencies.
- Inform the nurse if you have allergies to Skinfuse lift HG hydrogel, purified water, glycerin, carbomer, potassium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, phenoxythanol, caprylyl glycol, sorbic acid. This skin product will be used for preventing abrasion and friction during microneedling procedure.
- The nurse select depth of the microneedle size.
- Prior procedure requirements to avoid sun exposure and stop topical retinoid therapy 24 hours.
- You should wait six months following oral isotretinoin (Accutane) use before receiving treatment.
- Side effects post treatment: Dryness, rough skin, tightness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. Resolve over time. Reactivation of herpes simplex virus (cold sores), pigment changes lighter or darker skin in the area treated that resolves over time, or no change in their acne scars.
- Next 72 hours post treatment care: Avoid sweaty exercise and sun exposure might aggravate the side effects as per above.
Book your appointment
Your treatment plan is custom designed based on your skin needs and goals